- Enjoy the world-class cuisine and soak up the cultural differences in“The Land of The Rising Sun”
- Be astounded by the breath-taking views of Mt. Fuji.
- Enjoy the natural beauty of Hakone.
- Explore buzzing Osaka and take a bullet train ride to the crown jewel of Japan, Kyoto
- Experience Tokyo’s incredible nightlife and admire the nation’s icon, Matsumoto Castle.
10 Day Highlights of Japan
Tour Code: HJP10
(Deposit $500 per person)
As flight times, hotels, logistical services and days of travel can be subject to availability and modifications beyond our control, if cancellations or delays should occur, we will make a conscientious effort to secure alternative arrangements of similar value to those in our booking agreement.
Osaka – Gifu – Matsumoto – Yokohama – Tokyo
Today, depart from either Sydney, Melbourne, *Brisbane or *Perth for Osaka, Japan
Meals: In-flight meals
Upon arrival at Osaka Airport, you will be met by AVG and transferred to the hotel. Osaka, the second largest city in Japan, has the nickname “Tenka no Daidokoro” (the Nation’s Kitchen) thanks to its reputation as a gourmand’s paradise. Be sure to try local delicacies such as Takoyaki, a popular deep-fried snack made with wheat-flour batter and octopus, or Okonomiyaki, a grilled savoury pancake.
Accommodation: Toyoko Inn Osaka Abeno Tennoji Hotel or similar
Enjoy a free day in Osaka to explore this historic city at your own pace. Or you can take the opportunity to join an optional tour to Hiroshima.
This morning, depart Osaka for Kyoto.
On arrival in Kyoto, enjoy some free time to explore the ancient capital, or take the opportunity to join an optional tour* of Kyoto.
Later, the bus will depart from downtown Kyoto at 4:00pm to travel onwards to Gifu.
This morning you visit the historic villages of Shirakawa-go – UNESCO World Heritage site. Located in a mountainous region that was cut off from the rest of the world for a long period of time, these villages, with their Gassho-style houses, survived on the cultivation of mulberry trees and the rearing of silkworms. Both are examples of a traditional way of life that is perfectly adapted to the environment and the people’s social and economic circumstances. Enjoy a walk among the incredible houses. Afterwards travel to Takayama Jinya, a former government outpost established to bring the Hida Province under the direct control of the Edo Bakufu.
Next, travel to the hotel in Matsumoto/Suwa area.
Accommodation: Route Inn Matsumoto, Route Inn Suwa Inter or similar
After breakfast, drive to Mt Fuji’s 5th Station. Located 2300m above sea level, it offers a vantage point for Mt Fuji and the surrounding lakes (weather permitting). The 5th Station also features shrines, torii gates and souvenir shops. Afterwards continue onwards to Lake Ashi in nearby Hakone National Park, you get to admire the scenery as you enjoy a short cruise across the lake. The waters are overlooked by surrounding mountains, including Mt Fuji and Mt Komagatake.
Arrive in Yokohama this evening, check into the hotel, and enjoy the evening at leisure.
Accommodation: Hotel Hokke Club Fujisawa, Best Western or similar
This morning you’ll be driven to Tokyo and arrive at the hotel at approximately 11:00am. The standard hotel check in time is 3:00pm so you can store your luggage at the front desk and enjoy the remainder of the day to explore Tokyo at your own pace. Alternatively, you can take the opportunity to join an optional Tokyo sightseeing tour (not included).
Accommodation: APA Hotel Tokyo Bay Makuhari or similar
Today is a free day to explore Tokyo at leisure.
Accommodation: APA Hotel Tokyo Bay Makuhari, Hotel Mystays Tachikawa or similar
Today, transfer to the airport for your return flight back to Australia.
Arrival in Australia.
- Return Economy flights from Melb & Syd. For any other city please enquire
- Accommodation and breakfast in the category chosen or similar (subject to availability)
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- All local boat rentals as mentioned in the program
- Water bottles during tours
- Air-conditioned transportation
- All entrance and sightseeing fees as mentioned in the program
- English speaking guides in Japan
- 24/7 customer service and your own Dedicated Support
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the program.
- Visa fee to Japan (If you need assistance with your Visa, please request it upon filling in Booking Form).
- Tipping/mandatory service fee (700 JPY per traveller/per day where tour or transfer services are provided)
- Travel insurance (we strongly recommend you hold a valid travel insurance policy for all domestic and overseas travel).
- Trip delay or interruption by airline schedule change.
- Extra cost or missing tour caused by flight delay or cancel.
- Any service not clearly mentioned in the program
*Actual accommodation may vary due to availability. However, equivalent quality is guaranteed.
Dates & Prices
indicates Lowest Price
07 Mar 2021
16 Mar 2021
18 Apr 2021
27 Apr 2021
16 May 2021
25 May 2021
06 Jun 2021
15 Jun 2021
19 Jul 2021
28 Jul 2021
22 Aug 2021
31 Aug 2021
12 Sep 2021
21 Sep 2021
17 Oct 2021
26 Oct 2021
Some customers like to enhance their holiday by extending their stay before/behind and/or post-tour. $200 per person is applied for trip extension or early arrivals.
If you wish to do so, please follow these steps:
- Follow the “Book Now” prompts, until you reach the “Anything else we need to know?” field
- Here, please specify your preferred flight arrangements and if you require additional accommodation, with the number of nights needed.
- After finalising your purchase and submitting your booking form, a member of our Reservation team will be in contact with you via email to verify your request.
The additional cost for these land arrangements will be added to your final payment invoice, due 90 days prior to departure, and is strictly subject to availability.
A friendly reminder that tipping is not included in your package. For the services of your guide, it is suggested that you budget for AUD$10-20 per person, per day. Tipping of your driver is also appreciated and we would suggest AUD$5 per person, per day.
As this particular tour does not collect a ‘kitty’, it is entirely up to the individual whether or not you would like to tip locals for the services of things like taxis or when dining at restaurants. In these cases, we suggest you allow 10-20% of the value of the service as a tip. Again, it is not compulsory and entirely up to the individual.
The accommodation listed is subject to change. Any changes will be of an equal or higher standard. Bedding configurations (double or twin) are requests only. All efforts will be made to meet your preferences however any changes are beyond our control.
Single supplement is $850 per person in addition to the twin share price.
Paired Solo Traveller
Triple share: Not available. 3rd customer needs to pay for single supplement.
Travel insurance is required to protect yourself against the unexpected.
We have partnered with SureSave to offer you competitive rates for your travel insurance. You can book comprehensive or budget cover simply to arrange your policy.
Visa & Passport information
The Australian and Kiwis do not require the visa in advance.
It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure they have a valid passport. The passport must be valid for a minimum of six months from the intended date of return and must have more than 2 blank pages.
If you’re visiting for less than 90 days as a tourist, for a business trip or conference, or to visit friends and family, you don’t need a visa to Japan. To qualify, you need to show evidence of sufficient funds and an onward/return ticket or confirmed accommodation arrangements.
Please note that these details are subject to change without notice. We recommend visiting https://smartraveller.gov.au for up to date information in terms of entry requirements.
Final documentation, including e-tickets and hotel details, will be provided approximately 30 days prior to travel.
25 – 40 people
Children must be 2 years old or over and share a room with parents at all times. Children are the same price as adults.
The total length of the tour in days includes time spent in flight and is subject to change depending on the flight schedule, please refer to the day by day itinerary for the time spent on land.
- Airline: Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines or similar (20kg for checked baggage per passenger and 7kg hand luggage per passenger, 01-piece check-in baggage each person only.
- Some flights will require a minimum of 1 transit (maximum 2).
- All tickets will include 20 kilos checked baggage per person, along with 7 kilos of hand luggage.
- Despite the airlines baggage allowance, we recommend travelling with 20 kilos per person due to restrictions with internal flights (where applicable), as well as coach and train transportation. Also, you will be responsible for handling your luggage at all times as the services of porters is not included. If travelling over this amount, you will be liable for any excess baggage fees enforced by the airline, payable direct.
- Once ticketed, flights are non-refundable. Any changes will be subject to the airline rules and change fees.
- Full names as per passport (including all middle names) are required.
- Any airline schedule changes or cancellations are beyond our control.
- Any airline ‘extras’ such as pre-allocated seating is at your own arrangement (additional charges apply)